slideshow

  • \

Maureen & Han's Pecan Springs Ranch Wedding!

Friday, September 5, 2014












































the Kennedy Girls!






































Pecan Springs Ranch has the best sunsets!
















It's always fun to do a wedding for a wedding vendor! Maureen worked for Kennedy Events as a Travel Coordinator but  all her friends from Weddings  were there for her big day!
From the Bride:
Hans and I met working for an Austin based marketing agency. We kept our relationship a secret at work (or at least thought we did) for over 2-years.  In September of 2012 we were feeling adventurous and quit our jobs, got engaged and packed our bags for an 8-month road trip through Mexico and Central America.  Upon our return I had the great fortune of finding a new job at Kennedy Creative who would end up helping me plan the wedding of our dreams.  Despite neither of us being from Texas we knew that we wanted to plan our wedding in Austin, where we lived and fell in love.  The majority of our guests came from out of town (Hans is from Boston and I am from Chicago).  I know that going to out of town wedding can be a bit of a hassle so I wanted to make sure that we showed our guests some of the best parts about living in Austin.  Working as Event Designer at Kennedy Creative, I definitely had an advantage over most brides when it came to planning my own wedding.  I already knew and trusted all of the best vendors in town to make sure our wedding was amazing.  Two of the most important things on our list were food and music.  I’m a little indecisive so we ended up booking The Peached Tortilla Food Truck for our cocktail hour and The Salt Lick BBQ for our dinner.  Hans and I frequently go out to listen to live music in Austin and in our opinion it is one of the best things about living here.  We chose the Unfaithful Servants, one of our favorite local bands comprised of some of Austin’s best talent, for our cocktail hour and DJ David Schacherl from Altared Weddings to play our favorite tunes during our reception. 

We opted for a somewhat non-traditional bridal party comprised only of our siblings and nieces.  This might not seem non-traditional but I had my 3-brothers stand up on my side (we referred to them as bride’s men) and Hans’s 2-brothers and 1-sister (groom’s lady) stand up on his side.

Since I also worked part-time for Departure Lounge (now full-time) as a travel agent, I was able to arrange an awesome deal for Hans and I go to travel to Ecuador & The Galapagos on our Honeymoon.  

Venue: Pecan Springs Ranch
Coordinator: Kennedy Weddings
Hair : Holly Long
Makeup: Bailey Stike /Ron King Salon
Caterer Cocktail Hour: The Peached Tortilla
Cocktail Music: The Unfaithful Servants
Caterer Dinner: The Salt Lick
Florist: Exquiste Petals
Officiant: Steven Ross
DJ: David Schacherl/Altared Weddings